Reggie Yater, Negosentro | A VPN is an abbreviation for Virtual Private Network. This demonstrates an encrypted and secure connection. The term, “encrypted” denotes the conversion of the codes into information and only an authorized network can read and access the codes. As to security purposes, the data are protected from any means of web threats due to the functionality of these devices.
Moreover, a router can help you visit and share on a different private network. Did you experience visiting a site but it does not allow you to enter? Well, that’s one of the reasons why people are using VPN routers.
What are the 3 benefits of VPN Router?
- Secure Your Surfing Mode
The router secures the internet connection usage and it serves as a cloak in protecting the data packets. However, it may still be penetrated with suspicious data attacks hence; you should install a VPN router to maximize the protection.
In this way, you can have the secure mode whenever you surf to different sites and networks. It will also deter the possibility of lags and web threats. For a safe encryption process, some of these devices are installed with SSL, PPTP, or IPSec as a security conversion.
- Avoid Filtering and Censorship
Connecting to a different network is definitely threatening because it may affect the performance of your connection. It may also put your computer at risk since you are illegally entering into a private network hence, it may reject your IP address and disallow your entry.
Using this router, it helps the user to enter in a private network without causing any threat to that network. Let’s say, for instance, some computer gamers are allowed only up to their country’s area location. If you use the router, it can help you visit their country’s online games and you can be able to play their games.
3.VPN and SSL Encryption Built-in
By simply buying a VPN router, there’s no need to separately install the private network and SSL encryption. Of course, you can choose quality and best routers that can provide you the excellent service. To name a few, you may consider Netgear R7000 AC 1900 Nighthawk DD-WRT, Linksys WRT1200AC DD-WRT, or Asus RT-AC56U AC1200 TomatoUSB.
For the providers, these are the most popular service providers across nations namely HideMyAss, ExpressVPN, and IPVanish.
How to check the status of your VPN?
In the recent discovery, the programmers have found out that some remote sites can access a user’s IP address through WebRTC (a.k.a. Web Real Time Communication). It is a feature built-in to the popular browsers which has the capability to reveal the user’s IP Address even if they’re connected with a VPN. In this section, we will show you how to detect if your VPN is affected by this issue.
- Look for a legit site for testing such as “What is my IP address”. Next, put your actual IP Address.
- Log in using your private network and select preferred exit server in another country then, verify that you are connected.
- Switch your tab again to the IP test site and check your IP add. You should see a new IP add that corresponds to the country that you selected and to your VPN.
- Take another test using the WebRTC test page and make sure that both have the same results. If not, it only means that your browser is leaking your IP add in public.
- As the final solution, you may disable the WebRTC in your browser’s settings then repeat the steps to verify the outcome.