Building a new house is considered as a huge investment. Thus, it is very essential to hire the best builder the very first time. A highly skilled custom builder not only provides advice to the customer but also plays an integral part in designing. They understand the customer needs and try to satisfy every demand of the homeowner and also help his subcontractors to build the project in an affordable budget. He also monitors the various scopes of improvement in the design and building process.
Responsibilities of Custom Home Builder
The builder plays an important role in construction of the house. His various responsibilities include the following.
- During the building process the highly skilled custom buildermanages various subcontractors, assigns them duties and regularly checks their progress. The custom builder has all the required knowledge regarding the various building processes. He makes sure the subcontractors work according to his orders.
- The builder provides the homeowner with a sample budget and design for his approval.
- He informs the homeowner about the various decisions taken during the construction process.
- The builder mainly talks with the homeowner and makes various deals regarding the cost. He submits all required documents to the bank and takes their approval.
- After getting the required permissions from the bank and government officials, the building process starts. The builder checks and approves the various raw materials before they are used.
- After completion of the building process, the builder checks if any part needs replacement.
- Finally, the builder delivers the completed project to the homeowner and hands over the various legal documents.
- The builder also gives the numerous maintenance guidelines to the owner.
Choosing The Right Builder
The right builder would not necessarily be attached to a large organization with huge turnover. He should understand the homeowner’s need and work accordingly. The homeowner should be completely relieved to give the responsibility in his hands. The primary aim of the highly skilled custom builder should be to build the house according to the expectation of the homeowner. The right one should have:
- Financial Resources: The builder should be financially strong to invest in the building at first.
- Time: The builders should have sufficient time and patience to understand the homeowner’s need.
- Experience: The custom home builder should be an experienced one. It would be better if the homeowner gets to know about his previous projects.
- Good Reputation: Communicating with the homeowners with whom the builder had previously worked would be helpful in getting real time feedback.
- Organizational Skills: The builder should have a good rapport with his subcontractors. He must possess the quality to make his subcontractors work together as a team.
- Communication Skills: The builder must be able to communicate with everyone freely. He would need to communicate with various material suppliers, the homeowner, bank, government officials and last but not the least his subcontractors.
There are few things that should be kept in mind while hiring the builder. A wrong decision at any stage can lead to unsatisfying results. It would be wise to terminate the builder if any of the following situations arise since they act as a warning for possible dispute in the future.
- Asks for a lump sum amount of payment before the beginning of the work.
- There is no proper contract explaining the clauses.
- Refuses to disclose his past associations.
- Delays the work to a large extent.
- Refuses to disclose details about the materials used.
- Fails to provide exact estimation of the cost.
- Sets up deadlines for payment or pressurizes the customer for money.
- Offers to work at exceptionally low price.
via Zac Ferry | Zac Ferry is a good experience writer, blogger and social media promoter by providing valuable information which help readers to get more ideas. Follow him on Google+ and Twitter and Blog.