Ferdie Frianeza, Negosentro | We all know that the global temperature is rising every year. Therefore, air conditioning systems have become a necessity today and it is a fact that nobody needs acquainting with. Today almost every house has an air conditioner- window or split. They are at the citadel of comfort living.
Buying an air conditioner can be a little tricky if you don’t know what to look for. You might end up paying heavy bills or calling the service centre thrice every month if you aren’t careful enough. Air conditioning systems are machines and thus may not last forever. That being said, you can always prolong the repairs and replacements if you consider a few things before rushing in to make a purchase. A well-informed purchase will ensure that you don’t have to worry about the air conditioner burning a hole in your pocket, ever again.
Tips to be considered when buying an air conditioner:
There are some basic tips to follow or keep in mind that will help you make a smart buy. It includes being informed and aware. Brand name is not only the important factor; there are other factors also that need to be considered and checked before you pick your air conditioner. Some of the more important tips have been mentioned below:
- The size and capacity of cooling: The size of the house, the air conditioner and the capacity of cooling are all inter-related. You do not want to buy an air conditioner that is too big in size for your house, as that can end up in consumption of a lot more energy than is actually required. This will reel in a huge bill. Moreover, an air conditioning system that is smaller in proportion to the size of the room or your house will provide inefficient cooling and will not give you the comfortable living you were looking for. There is a lot of scope that needs to be taken into consideration.
- Efficient cooling: An ideal air conditioner is the one which provides faster cooling that lasts longer without consuming too much energy. One should look for the star ratings to determine its efficiency. The higher the star rating, the more efficient the air conditioner is and the lesser energy it consumes when in use. The entire purpose is to minimize cost and maximize comfort and a customer who is aware will always check the star rating before buying an air conditioner.
- Window or Split: This is not only a matter of personal choice but depends on the room also, where it is being installed. Your needs call for the kind of air conditioner you are looking for. A window AC isn’t too soothing for the ears but is quite efficient when it comes to cooling. A split AC however, is aesthetically pleasing and doesn’t create too much disturbance or noise.
- Cost: You should always focus on not pinching your pockets too hard while buying an air conditioner. The cost of purchasing an air conditioner should not be very high as you will have to pay the bills also. So always go for an air conditioner that isn’t too costly.
- Installation: Installation is the most important process of living a comfortable life. Installation needs to be done properly and efficiently otherwise the air conditioning system might not work properly and might not cool as efficiently as it is supposed to be.
So, these are the five basic tips that you should always keep in mind before purchasing an air conditioner to lead a more comfortable life.