Zac Ferry, Negosentro | Autism Treatment – Concerned Parenting within Depth Understanding needed | For any parent it would be the last thing to even give it a thought that their child has any kind of disorder. However, for many people across the globe this is reality, which comes in different forms of disorders and problem, and one such common disorder seen amongst infants is autism.
What is Autism
Autism is generally referred to typical behavioral disorder which includes a spectrum of disorders. This is generally observed among infants and can also be spotted during early childhood. Generally, it can be defined as the delay in certain basic forte of growth and development like the ability to speak, play and interact with others around you. Though the intensity of effects caused by autism differs from child to child, the areas which are affected seem to be common.
- Flexibility and ease of thinking and reacting or even behaving
- It is difficult for the child to relate with people around him or her
- Communication difficulty
However, often parents fail to spot the disorder at an early stage due to their common belief that the difficulties or the behavioral disturbances with the child are all due to tender age or shyness, etc. However, spotting the disorder at an early stage, and if possible by eighteen months can help the child to overcome the issues with the help of autism treatment – for child.
Parents can play a vital role in recognizing the signs of autism at an early stage instead of neglecting them or over looking them. As it is said, knowledge is power, empowering yourself with proficient understanding of the disorder, its generic signs and symptoms and treatment scopes can help you to direct your child to a bright and prosperous future. Growth and development can be attained through proper treatment procedures, however even if you fail to detect the signs at early stage, advanced treatment scopes, such as ABA therapy, are helpful for even grown up children
- Keen observation and regular monitoring of your child’s development helps you to understand if your child is facing any difficulty in achieving the general cognitive, emotional, social development milestones.
- It is always good to share your concerns with your doctor if you find your child is failing repetitively to achieve the developmental milestones. However, though development in every child is at different pace, so do not panic just be concerned.
- If you find your child not playing much, avoiding eye contact, refraining even to give a smile, you better take a step, consult your doctor instead of waiting for months.
Signs of Concern
- No attempt of making sounds or showing facial expressions in occasions of excitement of happiness at nine months.
- No warm smiles or joyous expressions even after six months.
- No signs of babbling which very common attempt with every child at 12 months is.
- Lack of common gestures like that of pointing towards objects of interest, people, waving hands etc.
- No attempt of speaking words by 16 months, however it is a general thing that many children speak late so do not panic if your child is speaking late, keep a track on the other signs as well.
- By 24 months you can expect your child to speak 2 to 3 meaningful words to express. However, if there is no deliberate attempt of speaking it is suggested to consult your doctor.
- Refrains from social interactions, speeches, touches and expression in gatherings as he grows up.
- Fails to respond top simple directions, speeches, questions, etc.