In the past, you had to be physically present in the office to get any work done. With the advent of smartphones, most work can now be done remotely. Almost all business communication these days, both internal and external, primarily happens digitally, through a laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Given the diverse advantages of smartphones, they have become an integral part of business today. Here are 7 ways in which they have transformed the way we handle business communication:
- Flexibility and Multitasking– Apart from making communication portable, smartphones have replaced many productivity tools. Your smartphone is now your calendar, business card organizer, alarm clock, daily diary, and much more… and these are all just basic features. With a smartphone, you can switch between creating a presentation and tracking the progress of a task, while you’re attending a meeting, without even being at the office!
- Productivity Through Enablement – Smartphones haven’t just replaced existing office tools, they have enabled the creation of entirely new ones. Take emails; you can instantly send lengthy messages, documents and even videos to someone halfway across the world. You can be more productive for a longer period, since all your files and resources are available anytime and anywhere.
- Personal Assistant and Organizer – Not everyone can afford a PA and thanks to smartphones, you probably don’t need one anymore. Taking your messages, making notes and reminding you of important as well as less-important tasks are all things you no longer need a secretary or assistant for anymore, just the humble smartphone!
- Working Across Timezones – Smartphones make distance and time irrelevant when you’re working across different timezones, easily tracking time differences and often correcting for them. You don’t need to sit for hours at the office waiting for an important call anymore. You can just take it from home and your entire team can do the same from anywhere at all.
- Improving Customer Support – Smartphones help companies provide better support for their products and services. This improved support isn’t just easier to access on a smartphone; it’s also available 24 hours a day, weekends and holidays. Issues and resolutions can be monitored to improve turn-around times and customer satisfaction.
- Increasing Sales Performance – Sales is the driving force behind most organizations and salesmen need to have information on their fingertips. Smartphones make data portable, searchable, as well as easy to organize and share with potential customers. Most CRM software solutions also have smartphone apps so sales managers can keep track of their team’s performance.
- Improving Collaboration – Smartphones make it possible for people to align their efforts and get things done faster and better. Collaborating doesn’t require physical presence anymore, so people who are spread across the globe in multiple timezones can still work together as a team.
When business owners, employees or self-employedpeople buy smartphones now, they need to consider how they will use the phone andaccordingly decide which features they need. Take your time on this decision, and make sure you’re getting the best smartphone for your needs!
Dev Bhatt is the head of digital marketing at OnlyMobiles. Being a tech enthusiast, he also blogs to help his readers make informed decisions like when to buy mobiles on EMI without credit cards, when to choose a different payment method, or what to look for in the latest models.