Helena Henderson, Negosentro | Everyone wants to be able to take care of their dogs naturally, effectively and safely. Feeding coconut oil regularly to your pets offers several health benefits for their immune and digestive systems, brain and bone health, metabolic function as well as skin.
While many dog owners face the challenge of choosing the right supplements, oils that consist of essential fatty acids such as Omega-3 oils are well known for their impact on the wellbeing of dogs. Other oils that can help to keep your dog healthy include coconut oil. The fats contained in coconut oil are essential under certain circumstances and can boost overall wellbeing.
- Coconut enhances skin health and can clear away skin problems like eczema, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin as well as flea allergies.
- Since coconut oil is immensely emollient, it is an effective solution for moisturizing dry skin and giving your dog’s coat a healthy gleam when you add it to their diet and shampoo.
- Applying coconut topically to skin promotes the speedy healing of stings, bites, hot spots, wounds and cuts.
Nutrient absorption and digestion can be improved when you add coconut oil to your dog’s diet. If the addition of coconut causes your dog’s stool to loosen, you can regulate the amount of oil or add some spoons of canned pumpkin that will help to firm up the stool.
- Coconut oil can minimize or eliminate the dreaded doggy breath. Can dogs have coconut? Learn more here.
- Some people opt to use coconut oil while brushing their dogs’ teeth. Many dogs enjoy the taste and this can make oral care much easier for both the owner and pet.
- Coconut oil consists of antifungal and antibacterial properties that help to minimize doggy order. Its pleasant tropical scent ensures that your dog’s coat and skin remain fresh.
Infections and Diseases
- Similar to the effect of cinnamon, you can use coconut oil to regulate and balance insulin, which is essential for preventing diabetes.
- Coconut oil is also helpful for promoting normal thyroid function, preventing heart disease and infection.
- By helping to increase energy and reduce weight, coconut oil eases mobility among dogs that have joint issues and arthritis.
- Coconut oil is beneficial for treating and preventing yeast infections such as Candida. Dogs can recover faster from kennel cough due to its antiviral agents.
Coconut oil is an effective repellant for insects such as fleas. With its pleasant smell and non-toxic components, you can rub it on you’re your dog’s coat to keep away ticks and fleas before you go out for a walk. Using coconut oil on the coat will also make it shiny and soft.
- A coconut oil supplement is worth considering as a natural and safe way to get rid of parasites like intestinal worms.
- Coconut oil can be given to older dogs to improve brain health and keep their minds alert.
- Use coconut oil to bake or cook treats for your dog. Toss vegetable, fruits or meat into some coconut oil to enhance flavor and provide a health boost.
- Coconut oil can be used in different ways for medicinal and therapeutic purposes to improve your pet’s health.