Negosentro | Serviced Offices vs. Coworking Spaces: What’s the Difference and Which is Best? | The serviced office has become the ultimate solution for many a business looking for flexible lease terms combined with a good location, not to mention full access to various facilities and amenities, from ready utilities to reception areas and other business services. Meanwhile, co-working spaces have proven to be a good option for others, mainly sole entrepreneurs who want the chance to collaborate with like-minded people in an ideal workplace setting. But which solution can bring you the most benefit if you are starting a business or have begun working as an entrepreneur? It depends on your needs, but what’s the difference, and which is best for you? Let’s have a look at the main differences between serviced offices and coworking spaces so you can make the best decision for your requirements.
The serviced office: what it is
A serviced office is essentially your own private space located in a building where you can work and operate. Its flexibility is one key aspect that makes it better than renting space with a traditional lease because you are not tied down over the long term. It is an ideal solution if you don’t want to experience downtime when you move, and if you want to expand on short notice. Serviced office space in Manchester such as that offered by Cariocca Enterprises also comes with support services and amenities such as maintenance and cleaning for common areas, on-site parking, 24-hour security, and reception services.
The coworking space: what it is
The coworking space is simply a space where you can have a workstation that you can rent or use by the hour, by the day, or by the month. It’s different from a serviced office because serviced offices are usually available for rent per month. Also, co-working spaces may come only with basic or standard infrastructure, such as WiFi access and your desk, but it will not come with administrative or business support that is usually offered by serviced offices.
When is the serviced office ideal for you?
The serviced office is ideal if:
- You would like to have access to a good location or be located centrally
- You want to lower your costs for rental
- You want flexible terms for your office lease
- You don’t want to be bothered with building cleaning or maintenance
- You want immediate access to amenities and facilities such as reception areas and communications facilities as well as administrative support
- You want to be able to use meeting or conference rooms on a pay-as-you-need basis
When is the coworking space ideal for you?
The coworking space is ideal if:
- You don’t mind not having total privacy whilst you work, as you will be surrounded by other entrepreneurs who are also working in the space
- You don’t require too much administrative support
- You don’t need a particular office space which you can call your own
- You will not be visited by customers so you don’t have to worry about an office layout, your branding, or image
- You want a highly-collaborative and social place to work
- You are looking for a low cost and low-commitment space where you can work and be creative
The choice you make will ultimately depend on your specific requirements, so make a list of what you need and want so you can make the best decision.