Negosentro.com | How To Improve Your Business’s Curb Appeal | Before you get the chance to blow away customers with your products or services, you have to grab their attention with an appealing exterior. Even with the amount of effort you put into your promotions and media campaigns, nothing grabs a customer’s attention as effectively as how your physical location looks. This may go against your instincts and seem a bit old-fashioned as internet marketing and viral campaigns have taken over but there is no substitute for an attractive façade to help draw attention.
Capturing a consumer’s eye and establishing that your business is worth patronizing is what curb appeal is all about. One study shows that about half of customers say they learned about a business that they have patronized by seeing that business’s on-premise signage. Without an attractive and eye-catching sign, many businesses will miss out on countless new customer opportunities. We’ve all heard about the importance of a first impression and it’s no different here.
However, many businesses still don’t fully understand how important curb appeal is to their business’s success. If you drive up and down a typical main street in any town, you may find more than a few businesses that could make a better impression on customers. Some may have run-down, dingy façades; some might have signs that are illegible from more than a few feet away, and some may have parking lots that are showing signs of neglect and disrepair. Any of those issues can have a negative impact on the curb appeal of a business and project the kind of image a business doesn’t want its customers to have.
Understanding how vital curb appeal can be for you and your business, you may be wondering of the ways you can help to improve your curb appeal. Fortunately, there are a number of strategies you can employ to enhance your curb appeal and attract more customers to your location. For the most part, these strategies are common sense ideas based on keeping the front of your location clean and appealing. However, there are some other ideas that can help you stand out on the street and more actively pull in new customers. Consult the accompanying guide for more!
- Optimize exterior signage. An eye-catching sign that’s visible from the street can be a great draw for customers.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint. Be sure to paint the front of your location regularly to prevent it from looking dingy.
- Fix cracked sidewalks. Repairing chipped or cracked concrete in front of your location can improve its overall look.
- Create a window display. An attractive display that features a seasonal theme and shows off your products can attract more foot traffic.
- Don’t overdo anything. Cluttered window displays can give the impression that your business is disorganized.
- Try some foliage. Potted plants or window boxes filled with flowers can create a more inviting façade than bare concrete or windows.
- Clean up the parking lot. Make sure your parking lot is clean and well-kept; sealcoat and repaint stripes as needed.
- Entice with clever signs. A sandwich board featuring a quote of the day or a clever joke can make people stop and take notice.
- Hold sidewalk sales. Setting up a table or rack with some featured items outside your front door can make people stop and look.
- Keep it clean. A dirty façade can be a real turn-off for customers, so make sure your exterior is clean.