Summer 2019 is officially over. Soon the leaves will start to fall, and football season will be well underway.
The coming of cool weather also brings with it the holidays, of course. This can create a conundrum for gift givers who are unsure of what to get the football fan on their list.
Does that sound like you? If so, then never fear. Here are seven gift ideas that are sure to put a smile on the recipient’s face.
Photo by TheDigitalArtist / CC0 1.0
A Winter Cap Shaped like a Football Helmet
Nothing shows fan devotion like bundling up in layers of winter clothing to attend a game in-person. That’s why helmet-shaped winter caps make such great gifts. Lined with plenty of warm, comfy fabric, they’re a great way to show your lucky recipient how much you care. You’ll find them online and at many brick-and-mortar retailers.
A Portable Chair
Not all football stadiums have comfy individual seats. Sometimes fans must make do with old-fashioned wooden or metal bleachers, which are often uncomfortable.
One way to solve this problem is to give your recipient a handy, lightweight portable chair. Not only are these items perfect for local football games, but they’re also ideal for camping, concerts, and other outdoor events. This is the gift that keeps on giving all year long.
An Official NFL Jersey
Sometimes the best gift ideas are also the simplest. What football fan doesn’t go gaga over the idea of wearing their favorite team’s jersey? You can have the item customized with the recipient’s name or other nice touches, making this a truly one-of-a-kind gift.
A Book About the History of Football
Why not give that football lover in your life a book that explores the game’s fascinating history? You’ll find plenty of great titles at online vendors like Amazon and Barnes & Noble. You can also check your local bookseller for ideas.
A Recliner with Built-in Mini-Refrigerator
With this gift in the house, neither hunger nor thirst will force the recipient to pause the TV or miss an important moment of the game. Many models include features such as built-in massage or heating elements. This is a gift fit for a king or queen.
Do you know a football fan who’s hard to please? Fortunately, there’s an easy solution. Consider purchasing him or her a unique collectible, such as a football display case, a plaque, or a photograph signed by their favorite player. These are the kind of personalized gifts that really stand apart from the rest.
A New TV
Television technology has advanced by leaps and bounds over the past few years. Today’s sets have crisp, clear displays, online capability, and other features undreamed of in the past. What better way to enjoy America’s favorite sport in high style? Here are some tips for choosing the right television for your fortunate recipient:
- Consider the size of their living room or den: A set that’s too large for its surroundings can clash with the room rather than complement it.
- Know a little bit about display technology: We’re not going to get into the debate over which type of TV screen is best. Suffice it to say that there are many options. Knowing a little bit about each of them can help you to make the right selection.
Photo by OpenClipart-Vectors / CC0 1.0
Other Gift-giving Tips to Keep in Mind
Think about these suggestions while you’re making your decisions:
- Look ahead: Knowing what the future may hold for a football lover’s favorite team can help you to choose just the right gift to make their day brighter. You’ll find lots of sports prediction tips from credible sources online.
- Purchase early: This is especially important during the holidays or when ordering a gift that requires customization.
- Keep it a surprise: Avoid the temptation to offer hints about the gift you selected for your special person. Suspense is all part of the fun that comes from giving.
Football season is near at hand. Use the tips in this post to make it extra special for someone in your life. That way, there will be plenty of happiness and excitement to go around for a long time to come.