Sujain Thomas, Negosentro | One duct cleaning session has the potential to remove a large amount of dust from your home. Indoor air contains several tiny particles such as pet dander, pollen and dust. When an air conditioner or furnace draws air, airborne particles are also pulled in. These contaminants are likely to build up over time within the ducts. This reduces air-flow as the contaminants re-circulate around your living space.
Just like air conditioners and furnaces, air ducts should be properly cleaned and maintained to optimize their performance. Keeping ducts clear of debris and dust also helps to improve the quality of air in your home along with the benefit of reducing energy bills.
Aspects of Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning refers to a process that involves clearing out debris from grilles, registers, air dusts and other features of air systems. Since ducts are typically hidden above ceilings and behind walls, the most effective way to clean them effectively is by using a compression system and powerful truck mounted vacuum. Other methods may not guarantee a thorough clean.
Frequent cleaning is recommended if you are sensitive to the quality of indoor air or have indoor pets. It is also advisable for ducts in recently renovated homes to be cleaned due to the increase in the amount of dust in the air system.
Reasons for Duct Cleaning
Duct cleaning is essential for various reasons.
Maintaining Air Quality
- The air that passes through ducts is the air that you and your loved ones breathe every day. Ducts can contain allergens such as pet dander and pollen that re-enter your home through supply registers.
- While some particles may not necessarily be hazardous to your health, they can cause problems for individuals who have allergies, asthma and other respiratory challenges. Visit Ductwise here.
- Cleaning your air ducts will significantly improve air quality while keeping the air free from airborne particles.
Increasing Energy Efficiency
Debris and dust restrict air flow to and from a HVAC system. Clogged ducts can lead to your air conditioner or furnace consuming more energy to perform its functions. Clear ducts ensure that your units work at peak efficiency.
Protecting Air Conditioning Equipment
Dirty ventilation systems can result in contaminated blower wheels, clogged coils in the air conditioner and other problems that cost a lot to repair. When duct cleaning is included in your maintenance routine, the life of your air conditioning system will be prolonged.
Duct Cleaning Companies
Duct cleaning is a challenging task and handling it in the right way requires a skilled technician and specialized equipment.
- When you want to select a duct cleaning service, you should always to check to make sure that they have access to appropriate and certified equipment for the job.
- Customer reviews can provide valuable insight into the quality of services that the company provides as well as its reputation in the industry.
- Duct cleanings must adhere to the highest standards to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- A professional duct cleaning company pays keen attention to detail like taking time to seal baseboards and walls, cover air conditioner coils and seal vents to ensure protection from the impact of vacuum hoses. You can rest assured that your floors will be left clean after the job is completed.