Erica Silva, Negosentro | BrandKeeda’s® J Ani Johns shares the company’s journey amidst challenges of growth, competition and client niche marketing. This interview is part of a series conducted by Salesmate as a way to help startups take their business off the ground.
Name: Jeffin Ani Johns
Designation: Co-Founder & CEO
Social link: www.fb.com/JeffinAniJohns
1) What is your company in 2–5 words?
BrandKeeda® is a leading startup consulting and education company based in India.
2) What made you choose this path of building a startup instead of a 9 to 5 job?
My drive to make something valuable for the world for which I shall be remembered.
3) If you were your own mentor, what’s the most important advice you’d give yourself?
Dear Jeffin Ani Johns, be patient and stay focused. Always remember that great things come to people who are ready to work hard for their goals and are patient to not quit before they succeed.
4) What do you enjoy the most about the day-to-day management of your business? What do you enjoy the least?
What I enjoy the most is meeting new likeminded people and overcoming new challenges on a daily basis, and what I enjoy the least are working with people without goals or a vision.
5) How do you plan to manage the shift from a small business to a scalable company?
Automation and integration of better technology into business processes is how we can achieve economies of scale, higher revenue and a stronger brand name.
6) Why are you the right CEO? Do you plan to continue in that role in the future?
I am a new age CEO who believes that it’s not about your fancy lifestyle but the relationships that you have with your team that enable you to transform your business into a brand. I believe that leaders are successful when they are ready to understand how customers and employees relate to their brand without prejudice. Yes, I am planning to stay in the same position until my organization surpasses our planned targets with respect to revenue and geographic coverage.
7) Where do you see your startup in the next five years?
I see it as a leading education platform in the Asian market.
8) What obstacles did you face while trying to reach your goals and what steps did you take to overcome them?
The major challenges I faced during the company’s initial days were lack of funds and the lack of clients’ trust to work with a new company with little experience. The major steps that we took to overcome these challenges were focusing on conducting in-depth market research, having competitive pricing, providing exceptional customer service.
9) Who do you look to as a role model?
My father. As an entrepreneur himself, he has been my inspiration to become a successful entrepreneur.
10) What motivates you?
Quantifiable results and projects that test my limits.
11) Are you willing to work holidays or weekends?
I work almost 7 days a week but I am happy doing so because I love what I do.
12) Any advice for new startup owners?
Implement the following 4 things in your entrepreneurial life:
(1) Be in the company of people who inspire you
(2) Always remain focused on your mission
(3) Choose partners and team members you can trust
(4) Start working on your ideas right now
Jeffin Ani Johns’ BrandKeeda® has shared its best kept secrets of success: resilience in the face of adversities together with a continuous ability to renew goals and aspirations.
BrandKeeda® is a promising company that offers competitive services in branding and training of startups.
Dubbed as ‘startup for startups’, this India-based company is contributing to the growing marketspace in India, which is soon expected to fall second in line to China in the global outreach of marketing firms and agencies.
John’s passion to contribute to something great in life, something that his company shall be ‘remembered’ is leading BrandKeeda® in that very direction.
ABOUT Erica Silva
Erica Silva is a blogger who loves to discover and explore the world around her. She writes on everything from marketing to technology, science and brain health. She enjoys sharing her discoveries and experiences with readers and believes her blogs can make the world a better place.
Find her on Twitter: @ericadsilva1