By Nadj Villaver | Negosentro.com | 7 Things to Consider When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner | Vacuum cleaners are essential to make one’s home and office clean. Choosing the perfect vacuum cleaner is also a must to achieve your goal. There are several types of vacuum cleaner; and each type has its forte. So, before buying yourself one, here are some things to consider to ensure that you get the most efficient vacuum cleaner.
- Home / Office size. Will you use the vacuum cleaner in cleaning large or small areas? For large areas, upright models have built-in power heads that suit carpet cleaning and on a level surface.
- Stairs. Do you have a two storey house or even larger one? It will be best to work with the canister type of vacuum with a long hose and attachments for getting in and around railings. Or you can to have two vacuums. One full-size vacuum for the main ground floor then a stick vacuum for the upper floors due to its lighter weight to reduce the number of trips ups and down the stairs.
- Floor Types. There are various types of flooring either at home or in the office. Even though you have bare floors or tiles, you would still need vacuums. You can opt for canister vacuum which is generally more versatile compared to other vacuum types. And this is where the attachments would work best. Look for the brush attachments which will help you work on bare floors.
- Furniture. Every furniture comes in different sizes and design. When it comes to cleaning spaces that includes furniture, consider vacuums that are easier to navigate around, especially when cleaning underneath.
- Allergies. Common allergens include house dust mites, animal dander, molds, pollen and cockroach droppings. Choose vacuums that are designed to better contain these allergens like Rainbow Cleaning System. It is the only vacuum cleaner certified as an air purifier by the American Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) making it a proven air cleaner and asthma & allergy friendly appliance. It uses the world’s most advanced filtration system that maintains constant airflow. Unlike typical vacuum cleaners, Rainbow delivers the same powerful cleaning performance each and every time you use it with its 3-step filter process.
- Pets. Do you have pets inside your home? If yes, opt for vacuums that are designed to collect pet hair without clogging the vacuum. Small, lightweight and highly portable vacuums like handheld vacuums works best especially when your pets move around the house and upholstery.
- Cleaning schedule. Are you the type of person who likes to clean every day? If yes, opt for a stick vacuum or robotic vacuum that makes daily cleaning easier. But, if you prefer a general cleaning, let’s say once a month, choose more powerful upright or canister vacuum.