7 Aspects of Website Design That Have Changed in the Last Decade | Website design is a vast landscape that is constantly changing. The last ten years have seen tremendous changes in the way people approach website design and marketing. Business owners need to stay abreast of the changes, so they can rest assured they are staying in sync with the times by using a professional web design services company.
Website Design Is Highly Important
Business owners need to be aware of the extreme importance of website design and Digital Marketing. Poor design not only turns potential customers away, due to frustration, but it also prevents a website from ranking well in search engine result pages.
If a website is not designed with user-friendly features, the bounce rate will significantly increase, leading to lower sales in the long run. It is imperative owners take a modern approach to website design, so they can rest assured their websites will rank well and attract the right traffic.
7 Ways Website Design Has Changed in the Last Ten Years
As mentioned before, website design is constantly changing. Every day, it seems, there are new strategies being implemented by designers. Sometimes, it can seem difficult for business owners to stay abreast of the constant changes. The following offers information on seven ways website design has evolved over the last decade.
- Now that social media is more important than ever, it can be shocking to think of no Twitter or Facebook. Ten years ago, MySpace was the ruler of the social world, but now, it is practically obsolete.
- Ten years ago, META tags were the primary way search engines ranked websites. Today, there are many more factors involved, which have changed the way website design must be approached.
- In the past, there were basically only two fonts website designers had access to for websites. Today, there are a plethora of fonts that can be used.
- Ten years ago, most people did not own a smartphone, so being mobile-friendly was not a big priority. Today, it is an absolute must because almost everyone uses their phones to access the Internet.
- A decade ago, GIFS was considered highly important in website design. Today, we know these can slow down the load speeds, which is a big no-no when it comes to website design.
- Several years ago, websites could be stressful to look at because of the wild colors, flashing text, and animated GIFs. Today, websites are cleaner and less distracting, for a more peaceful experience.
- In the past, most website designers considered “above the fold” designs to reign supreme. Today, scrolling website designs are more acceptable and are even considered a priority. Visitors to websites are encouraged to scroll down for the information they seek.
Getting Professional Help Is Wise
With the landscape of website design sometimes confusing to transverse, many business owners rely on professionals to help ensure their websites are keeping up with modern design approaches. Getting professional help allows website owners to keep their websites easy to use, ranking high, and attractive to visitors.
Website design is evolving with the times, and it is important business owners keep a modern approach to designing their pages. A dynamic approach is necessary for ensuring websites rise to new challenges and meet them head-on.
Many business owners rely on professionals to help them implement changes that will make their websites more attractive and user-friendly. This approach leads to better results and a faster rise in rank.