Negosentro| Tips For A Stylish Budget Dinner Party |Throwing a dinner party is a challenge at the best of times, and if you are planning such an event on a limited budget, that adds to the difficulty level. That’s not to say it cannot be done. Indeed, if you are careful, you can throw a great party for next to nothing, and with that in mind, here are a few tips on how to throw a great dinner party on a shoestring budget.
- Start to plan early – The more time you have, the better, as you can source what you need and compare prices. If you are in a big rush, you have little choice but to pay the asking price, due to the urgency of the situation. A couple of weeks is ample, as this gives you time to consider different menus, and you still have enough time to acquire any items you might need.
- Bring your own alcohol – We all have our own unique preferences, and by citing this, you can ask that your guests bring a bottle of their favourite tipple, which saves you some money and guarantees that everyone gets their choice of drink. There’s nothing wrong with having a bottle of red and white on hand, which you can serve with the meal, but if your guests can bring their favourite drink, so much the better. You can get some of those plastic wine glasses UK online shops are selling, which look like the real thing but at more affordable prices.
- Use the Internet – Whether you are looking for wine glasses, cookware, cutlery, crockery, or wholesale cupcake boxes in the UK or anywhere else in the world, Google is your best friend, and anything aside from fresh fruit and vegetables can be sourced from an online supplier. This allows you to easily compare prices, thus saving you money. If, for example, you need some designer flatware sets, then you can go with ianwilsondesigns.com here you can buy all the best kitchen appliances.
- Create a few MP3 playlists – This gives you some choices regarding background music, which is really something you should have, as this goes a long way towards creating the perfect dining ambiance. Select some easy-listening songs that you know your guests will like, but remember to keep the volume low enough for audible conversation. There are great blogs that provide tips on throwing a fun dinner party on a budget, which is exactly what you need to read.
- Crunching the numbers – Regarding the menu, assuming you can cook, run through a few recipes and crunch the numbers to see which is more economical. It might turn out that a buffet style is cheaper, although that might not fit with your agenda, but either way, you can look at various menus and compare.
- Skip dessert – This is easy if you prepare a cheese board, or just leave out dessert altogether, and most people are fine with this, preferring a favourite cocktail. If you don’t think it will be an issue then leave it off the menu, which will save you some money.
Image Source: Pexels
You can avoid sending invitations. Thanks to social media, you can invite each guest separately, and with some careful preparation, your dinner party will be a success and it won’t break the bank.
Image Source: Pixabay