Popo Frederich, Negosentro | Different products and different packaging require different conveyor rolls. These conveyor rolls are available in metallic, plastic and rubber. This depends on the type of operation you require. Besides the application, the facility and the environment play an important role in the choice of the conveyor rollers. A metallic conveyor roll is apt for moving parts exhibiting high temperatures. So, you need to choose the conveyer roll according to your requirement and you can discuss the same with the manufacturer before purchase.
Types of Conveyor Rolls
- Gravity Conveyor Roll
This class of conveyor roll tends to combine the specification of the design off the shelf with features of the advanced structure. These rolls work apt for the handling of cartons of the low-grade type besides boxes, bags of any odd shape. But these conveyor rollers can carry some specific loads and you should avoid overloading on these conveyers.
- Coated or covered conveyor roll
These rollers are coated either with rubber or plastic and are generally used in metal rolling, paper processing and the printing industry. These rollers merge a high level of grip with grind through the material used in the coating.
- Free Spinning Roller Conveyor
These rollers are created with free turn capability which is integrated and are bearing-laden. These tend to be useful in the creation of support systems of the conveyor belt besides being used for the requirement of an output of rotation of high flexibility and friction on the lower side.
- Motorized Roller Conveyor
These rollers are available packed with control drums for the regulation of flow and speed of the products which are under transportation. The automation of the product analysis and sorting is through the motorized zones. Due to this the rollers work best when used with production lines which are automated.
Choosing Gravity Roller Conveyor
- Determine the size of the weight and size of the largest and smallest package that the conveyor unit needs to transport. Taking this into consideration you can determine the diameter of the roller, spacing between the individual rollers the width of the frame in between and floor supports and the type of frame to be used. It is suggested to install these conveyor rollers by some professionals and they can install the same with their advanced tools and techniques.
- Three rollers are the minimum number of rollers which are required to be in contact with the loads at any time. The axle centers need to be close together so that the packages do not rock. You might have to reduce the axle centers to ensure that the load is reduced on each roller.
- The size and the diameter of the axle are worked out in accordance to the load the rollers need to support. Heavy loads require rollers of a larger diameter and axles. The conditions of loading also influence the thickness of the walls of the tubing which are used. You require heavier gauge tubing if the conveyors are loaded by a fork lift.
- Frames are available in steel and aluminum. Aluminum frames are light and thus easier to break down or set up but cannot support as much weight as the steel frames. The frames need to support not only the weight of the conveyor but also of the items conveyed. In case the frame capacity is not sufficient to support the load, you need to opt for more supports or probably a larger frame.
It is suggested to talk to the manufacturers before you choose the conveyor rollers and they can suggest you the best conveyer according to your requirement. Apart from that, you should maintain these conveyers in a proper way and keep them away from moisture, dust particles and tears.