Negosentro.com | In recent years, the field of engineering has transformed rapidly, streaming into different sub-sectors. As the engineering stream continues to develop, various different fields have come up in this industry, leading to specialized courses being taught in the universities worldwide. This article focuses on the advantages that come along with an M. Tech specialisation program in computer science and engineering.
What is meant by an M. Tech specialisation?
Tech specialisations typically refer to the postgraduate courses available to students who have qualified a bachelor’s degree in engineering or any of its equivalent. Opting for a master’s degree in technology with a specialised preference is generally based upon the placement opportunities that it has to offer. Although every specialisation has its own value, demand and future prospects, few of them gain higher application and demand because of its better scope of placement.
Perks of studying an M. Tech in Computer Science
An M. Tech in computer science is a specialized program aimed at providing students with in-depth knowledge of four key domains in Computer Science and Engineering. Most start-ups in recent times have endorsed the presence of these domains while establishing their business. Students who want to complete their graduation in engineering in computer science branch may choose to specialise in:
- Artificial Intelligence − Artificial intelligence (AI) involves the simulation of human intelligence processes by computer systems. It allows individuals and companies to experiment with various business purposes and sample multiple platforms, before making a commitment to a client. The main processes of this system include:
- The acquisition of information and rules for using the information (learning);
- Using rules to reach approximate or definite conclusions (reasoning);
- Image Processing − Digital image processing refers to the conversion of a digital image by means of computer programmes. Basically, it involves employing computer algorithms, either to get an enhanced image or to extract some useful information. Executing image processing mainly requires importing images via image acquisition tools, analysing and manipulating images and modifying the output to get the desired image or outcome.
- Data Analytics − Data analytics (DA) refers to the process of analysing data sets in order to draw conclusions from a set of information. It utilises the aid of specialised systems and software, to enable organizations to make more-informed business decisions.
- Cyber Security − Cybersecurity (also referred to as information technology security) comprises of the body of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs and data from virtual attack, damage or unauthorized access. It is majorly implemented by the government, military, corporate, financial and medical organisations, in order to collect, process and store unprecedented amounts of data on computers and other electronic devices.
This field of technology has proven to make a great impact on business enterprise applications and the research community. If you are interested in gaining expertise in technological fields that have acquired widespread acceptance, then studying an M. Tech in Computer Science might be a good choice for you