Negosentro.com | How much sleep do you really need? | As you read the dodow sleep aid reviews, you will find that people are going out of their way to ensure that they get to sleep. They are trying out various sleeping aids with some having more side effects than the advantages they provide. Sleep is an important indicator of your overall well-being and health. During a human’s entire life, one-third of it is spent sleeping with the overall state of sleep health remaining an important question throughout your lifespan.
If you happen to get a good night’s sleep, then you are among the lucky few. There are people out there who have totally forgotten what it feels like to be truly and fully rested. To complicate matters, stimulants such as energy drinks and coffee, external lights and alarm clocks, including other electronic devices tend to interfere with the circadian rhythm or the natural wake/sleep cycle.
The need for sleep varies from one person to the next depending on factors such as age, health and lifestyle. To find out how much sleep you require, it is important that you examine where you fall asleep as well as the lifestyle factors that are affecting the quantity and quality of your sleep such as stress and work schedule.
Though research cannot say exactly how much sleep each individual requires, it is important that you pay attention to your personal needs by assessing how you normally feel when you have different amounts of sleep.
- Are you normally healthy, productive, and happy after sleeping for seven hours or does it take more than that to get you to high gear?
- Do you have health issues such as for overweight or are you at risk for any disease?
- Are you at any given time experiencing problems with sleep?
- Does it take caffeine for you to get through the day?
- Do you normally feel sleepy while you are driving?
The above questions are important and after getting genuine answers to them, that is the time you will know your ideal number of sleep hours.
Sleep time recommendations
The following are some of the recommendations for sleep hours depending on an individual’s age:
- 0-3 months (newborns) – 14 hours to 17 hours per day
- 4-11 months olds (infants) – 12 hours to 15 hours per day
- 1 year to 2 years (toddlers) – 11 hours to 14 hours per day
- 3 years to 5 years (preschool) – 10 hours to 13 hours per day
- 6 years to 13 years ( school-age children)- 9 hours to 11 hours per day
- 14 years to 17 years ( teenagers) – 8 hours to 10 hours per day
- 18 years to 25 years (young adults) – 7 hours to 9 hours per day
- 26 years to 64 years (adults) – 7 hours to 9 hours per day
- 65 + years (older adults) – 7 hours to 8 hours per day
For you to begin a new healthier lifestyle and healthier sleep, you have to begin by assessing your own individual habits and needs. Find out how you respond to different amounts of sleep. You will need to pay close attention to your energy, mood, and health after you have had poor sleep at night versus after having a wonderful night’s sleep.
You will then have to ask yourself how often you happen to have a good night’s sleep. Just like good exercise and a good diet, sleep is a very important aspect of your overall health. To establish a better pattern of sleep, the below are some of the simple but effective tips for a healthy sleep which includes:
- You will need to stick to a sleep schedule even during the weekends
- You should practice bedtime rituals
- Ensure that you exercise on a daily basis
- Check out your bedroom to ensure that it has the ideal sound, temperature, and light
- Sleep on a mattress that is comfortable together with a comfortable pillow
- Beware of sleep stealers which include caffeine and alcohol
- Before going to bed, turn off all electronics
If you or any of your friends or family member is experiencing symptoms which include sleepiness during daytime or when you are expected to be awake and alert, leg cramps, snoring, or tingling, difficulty or gasping for breath while sleeping, insomnia that is prolonged, or any other symptom which tends to be preventing you from sleeping comfortably, you will need to approach a sleep professional or a physician to determine what could be the underlying issue and how you can handle it.
You can also try using dodow sleep aid reviews to find out how others go about such problems. The most important thing is that you should ensure that you make sleep your priority. Schedule to sleep just the way you schedule other activities, crossing it on your to-do list every night. You should never make it the thing you do after you have done everything else.