Negosentro.com | Learning data science may sound a bit tricky for someone looking to kick start their career in an innovative field. Thankfully, all that is required is a framework of ideas to be put together to begin your journey. This article is a simple guide for people who are keen on starting a career in data science. If you are interested to set your path to learning data science, continue reading.
- Choose an appropriate role: In the midst of the varied roles in the data science industry, it is crucial that you put in adequate efforts to pick a career that best fits your interests. Depending on your background and your work experience, you can find many roles that you could go into, for example you can work as a data visualization expert, a machine learning expert, a data scientist or data engineer.
- Take up an academic course: The next logical step for you to choose an educational course and put in dedicated efforts to receive a certification. Your main objective for this should be to acquire in-demand professional skills, with which you can push on further. Undergoing the coursework, assignments and discussions, as part of the course curriculum will give you a clearer picture of the field.
- Learn a data language or tool: Choose a language and keep studying it, until you become familiar with all its applications. Besides understanding the concept of your favourite data tool, you should also focus on getting a good grip on its implementation. You can start with the simplest language and move up the ladder of the coding hierarchy.
- Join a group of like-minded people: Having friends or being part of a professional group of individuals expert in coding, will keep you motivated. Take your time out to engage in meaningful technical discussions that are hosted in online forums.
- Engage in practical applications: While undergoing professional training courses, you should focus on grasping the practical applications of programmes that are being taught. This will enable you obtain an in-depth understanding of any concept, as well as give you a deeper sense of how it can be implemented in real-world scenarios.
- Utilise the right resources: You should continue learning and keep extracting information from whichever source of knowledge available. You can look through blogs written by influential data scientists, or keep up with the recent advancement in this field.
- Develop efficient communication skills: Working on your communication skills is an excellent choice to be made, no matter the field you are currently engaged in. Likewise, even roles in the data science sector demand that you possess good communication skills or know how to communicate efficiently.
- Build your professional network: Additionally, you should also focus on building a community of data science that can, in turn, allow you to advance your career. You can attend events and conferences that are filled with data science professionals and researchers.
Look out for data science courses in Singapore and apply to a course of your choice today!