Negosentro | How DevOps Can Help Your Business | There are always new ways to optimize your business processes. One technique has gotten so popular recently that the industry has even adopted its name as a whole new field in the marketing world. That’s right, we’re talking about DevOps. It’s one of the many ways marketers have been combining previously siloed departments with their operations workflows to better serve their customers. Let’s take a look at what exactly DevOps is and how you can use it to help your business.
What Is DevOps?
DevOps is a combination of “development” and “operations.” It merges aspects of these two departments to create a better user experience and streamline things on the back end for your team. The whole point of DevOps is to be more adaptable. It means you can release new interfaces or update your website or portals to meet user needs on a quicker turnaround than people working with traditional software systems.
There are tons of benefits to implementing DevOps in your business, including:
- Faster innovation and delivery
- Reliable, easy-to-use services
- Ability to scale your business
- Collaboration between team members and departments
- Improved security measures
How to Use DevOps in Your Business
DevOps, like many things in business, is a multistep process. You can’t just toss your web developers and operations managers into a room and expect a streamlined workflow ready to be implemented an hour later. There are five main steps in the DevOps process:
- The first step is planning the next phase of your system. Use tools to help you determine what changes need to be made and how to implement them within your current tech stack.
- Next, your developers will start building the code and thus the new system. (Hint: This stage goes much quicker and requires fewer revisions when you have a detailed plan in place.)
- After the code is built, you’ll need to test and deploy it to ensure everything is functioning properly.
- Once you know your code works and everything is running smoothly, you can deliver the update to your customers.
- Lastly, you’ll want to monitor your software’s performance as well as gather feedback from your customers. This will tell you if the new iteration is a success or if there are some things you need to change to create the best possible user experience.
It’s important to work through all of these steps of the process to get your next system iteration just right. Trying to speed through them can lead to problems down the line, so it’s better to do it right the first time.
When you start using DevOps in your business or update the strategy you already have in place, you can start to utilize other online tools as well. You can use CICD tools to continuously update and deliver system changes to your customers. These tools are a way to automate part of the development process and free up that team to focus on new innovations and create patches for your system.
You can also start to find microservices that you can offer through your DevOps strategy. The idea here is to use a single application to perform a set of smaller services for the customer. Each service has its own processes but they all talk to each other because they’re hosted on the same system. This makes it much easier to help customers if you have a multi-step service or different levels of service for the same client group.
DevOps can be a powerful business tool, especially for businesses that cater to online customers. It’s time to take advantage of the power of collaboration and start using DevOps in your business.