Negosentro | Eco friendly bamboo tableware pros and cons | Bamboo is known as a rare herbaceous plant with unusual abilities. Its high growth rates, up to 2–3 cm, can be obtained in a short harvest period. The strength of bamboo is 2 times inferior to oak wood. For the manufacture of dietary fiber, plants are used that acquire putrefactive stems and are subject to infection of the thread. The choice of careful processing, mechanical or chemical, will not change the properties of exceptional materials in any way.
The method of hot pressing results in durable and beautiful tableware in which it is convenient to store fruits, salads, cold dishes, rolls, cereals. From the inside, such a product is treated with food varnish with a water-repellent and antibacterial coating. The applied patterns and ornaments serve as a kind of decoration of its surface.
In addition to bamboo fibers, palm leaves, sugar cane, starch, food components are used in the manufacture of dishes. The subsequent disposal of the product in water or soil is associated with a rapid decomposition process, so bamboo kitchen utensils will not harm nature at all and it is rightfully considered an environmentally friendly raw material. Natural compost can be used as an effective fertilizer.
Bamboo tableware is noticeably different in appearance from the usual ceramic and glass plates. The manufacturing technology of such products may be different, so their appearance will also be different. Despite the differences, most users who care about their own health and purchase only environmentally friendly products dream of buying such products. Such tableware (f.e. bamboo cutting board or cheese boards) is attractive, unique and technically improved, which is confirmed by the reviews of many consumers.
- light weight of the material;
- grace of lines and forms;
- high hygienic qualities, ease of care;
- absence of toxic components.
Unlike ceramic plates, it is more durable and reliable, so an accidental fall on the floor will not harm it at all. The natural principle gives a special aesthetic and ease of use, and any person who cares about the comfort of his home wants to buy bright and pleasing dishes. The use of soy-based paint will make the product absolutely safe, and the taste of food in a beautiful design will become more saturated and fragrant.
- The natural properties of bamboo actively counteract the growth and reproduction of bacteria and fungi, so it is completely uninteresting for pests. These qualities are preserved in the best possible way after processing is completed.
- The contact of fibers with food favorably affects its composition: the antibacterial action will kill all possible types of pathogenic organisms.
- Numerous processing of dishes does not reduce its valuable properties.
- Proven antimicrobial efficacy contributes to the destruction of pathogenic flora within 1 hour after contact with the surface of the fiber.
- Bamboo does not cause allergic reactions.
- Natural material delays ultraviolet radiation.
- The safety of the raw materials used is confirmed by certificates.
- The growth and development of the plant is not stimulated by chemicals and fertilizers, and regular cutting does not exterminate bamboo.
- The finished fiber does not contain chemical components.
Photo by Ron Lach : https://www.pexels.com/photo/