Negosentro | 8 TV Wall Mounting Tips from the Pros | As a homeowner, you know that there are always projects to be completed around the house. This is especially true after moving into a new home and settling in. Setting up the TV, which is the centerpiece in most living rooms, is one of the steps when turning your house into a home.
Mounting the TV on the wall can be one of the most common and challenging tasks. But don’t worry; with the right tools and tips, it doesn’t have to be hard. Here are some tips from the pros on how to mount your TV and avoid any common mistakes.
Consider Asking for Help
Because you usually have a lot of things to do when you first move into a new home, mounting a TV to the wall probably isn’t really a task you’re looking forward to. Besides, it can be a complex thing to do. That’s why you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help.
Many moving companies offer TV installation with moving services, so you can get the pros to take care of this task for you. Not only do they have the necessary tools, but they also know how to get the job done without putting you or your TV at risk. Plus, getting professional assistance will save you a lot of time, so think about it.
Choosing the Right TV Wall Mount
When choosing a TV wall mount, it is important to consider the size and weight of your TV. You will also need to decide on the type of mount you want. There are three main types of TV wall mounts: fixed mounts, tilting mounts, and full motion mounts.
Fixed mounts are the simplest type of mount and are best for TVs that will be mounted close to the wall. Tilting mounts allow you to tilt your TV up and down for optimal viewing, while full motion mounts offer the most flexibility, allowing you to move your TV in any direction.
Once you have determined the type of mount you need, you will need to measure the width and height of your TV. This information will help you choose the right size to mount for your TV. Be sure to also check the weight capacity of the mount to make sure it can hold your TV safely.
Get the Right Tools
In order to mount your TV on the wall, you will need some basic tools. These include a level, a drill, a screwdriver, and a stud finder. A level is important to ensure that your TV is mounted straight, while a drill and screwdriver are necessary to attach the mount to the wall. A stud finder can help you locate the studs in your wall so that you can attach the mount securely.
Installing the TV Wall Mount
Installing a TV wall mount can be a challenging task, but with the right tools and tips, it can be a breeze. Here are some tips on how to install your TV wall mount like a pro. Once you have the suitable mount and tools, you’re ready to begin.
- Begin by attaching the mount bracket to the wall.
- Next, use a stud finder to locate two adjacent studs in the wall and mark them with a pencil. Use a level to make sure that the marks are straight before drilling holes for the screws.
- Insert the screws into the pilot holes and tighten them securely with a screwdriver.
Run the Wires Through the Wall
Before mounting the TV to the wall, you need to run the cables through the wall. Measure and mark where the cables should enter your wall, then use a drill bit that is slightly larger than your cable or conduit to make a hole in your wall. Securely attach your cables or conduit to the bracket before securing it to the back of your TV.
Make sure that the cables are safe for in-wall installation. If they aren’t, you have the option of buying channeling that you can paint, and it runs from the TV to the outlet.
Mounting the TV on the Wall
Once you have securely attached your cables and mounted them to the wall, it’s time to finally mount the TV. Remove the stand from your TV and attach the mounting plate to the back of the TV.
Now you can carefully lift your TV onto the wall bracket. Make sure to use caution, as larger TVs can be very heavy. Securely tighten all of the screws or bolts included with your mount before plugging in your TV and cable box.
Using a TV Wall Mount
Once your TV wall mount is installed, it is time to start using it! Most mounts come with an adjustable arm that allows you to move your TV into different positions for optimal viewing. You can also use this arm to hide cables or wires behind your TV for a clean look.
There are also several tips and tricks for using a TV wall mount safely and effectively. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Use safety straps or anchors when mounting your TV on drywall or plaster walls to prevent it from falling in case of an earthquake or other emergency.
- Always use both hands when moving or adjusting your TV on its wall mount to avoid injury.
- Make sure your TV is level before securing it in place – use a leveler if necessary.
- If possible, mount your TV in a location that is easy to access for changing cables or adjusting the viewing angle.
Common Problems and How to Solve Them
Although wall mounting your TV can be a relatively easy process, there are some common issues that you may encounter. Here are some tips on how to troubleshoot and solve these problems:
- If your TV is not sitting flush against the wall, try loosening the screws or bolts slightly to adjust the tilt of your mount.
- If the TV is not secure on the mount, try tightening all of the screws or bolts.
- If your TV is tilted at an angle, check to make sure that you installed the mount level. If you haven’t, use a leveler to adjust it.
- In case your cable connection doesn’t reach your outlet, install channeling in the wall to run the cables cleanly and safely.
Finally, remember that wall mounting a TV can be tricky, so if you are having any issues or just don’t feel confident in your ability, hire a professional. They will have the right tools and knowledge to get the job done quickly and safely.
The Bottom Line
Even though mounting a TV to the wall can be a bit complicated, it’s nothing that can’t be done. You just need to be sure you’re using the right tools and be careful with the wires. Take your time, be cautious, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help if you need it.