Negosentro.com | 5 reasons to hire a Cedar Rapids injury lawyer | Following a hapless car accident in Cedar Rapids, you may feel shocked and overwhelmed to do anything. If the accident happened because of someone’s neglect, this is the time to act and bolster your chances of claiming compensation. Iowa is a fault state, so the party responsible for your injuries must pay compensation. In your own interest, you may also want to hire a Cedar Rapids injury lawyer. In this post, we are sharing five reasons why to “lawyer up”.
- You had a share in fault. Iowa follows the modified “comparative negligence” rule. If you had a part share in fault, you can still recover compensation, provided your fault is no more than 50%. Your eventual settlement will be reduced by your fault in percentage. However, insurance companies have their ways to use this against you. Hire a personal injury lawyer, who can protect your rights against bad faith insurance tactics.
- You need advice. The experience and expertise of a car accident lawyer is hard to ignore. They know what it takes to file an insurance claim, determine the worth of a lawsuit, and negotiate with the at-fault party and their insurer. An attorney is your best bet for getting unbiased advice.
- You don’t want to deal with the insurance company. The claims adjuster will eventually want to minimize what the company pays for each claim. As such, the offer made to you will be way lesser than what you deserve. Hire a lawyer, so that you don’t have to deal with all that on your own.
- You are unsure of fault. The aftermath of a car accident can be complicated. If you are unclear about fault – who or what caused the accident, you must call an attorney. Skilled lawyers will do their share of investigation to find fault and liability, which is critical for such accident cases.
- You want to know the worth of your claim. How much should you realistically expect in compensation? Do you have a valid claim in the first place? Instead of accepting whatever is being offered by the insurance company, let an attorney guide on that.
The good news is most car accident attorneys in Cedar Rapids work on a contingency basis. You don’t pay the lawyer, unless they win – Simple! The first meeting with a lawyer doesn’t have to cost anything at all, and you can expect to get answers to many relevant questions.