Chris Humphrey, Negosentro | Moving to a new place is exciting but packing all your stuff is quite a tedious process. Most people need at least eight weeks to prepare for a move. However, there are instances when time is the enemy and you need to make immediate plans for a quick move.
For your last-minute move, make sure that all packing materials and supplies are ready. This will make things easier for you and ensure that everything’s in place before the movers come. Note the following things:
- Don’t panic – Whether you like it or not, your move date is final. The faster you accept that you have limited time, the faster you’ll start packing.
- Be realistic – Moving out fast is possible if you are realistic. If you know you can’t do it by yourself, ask for help from a professional home removalists. Your goal is to move quickly, so if you need help to make it happen then by all means, do it.
- Organize – For a quick and successful move, you need to have a plan. With enough preparation, you’ll have a hassle-free move and avoid common mistakes committed by panicky movers.
And since time has become a luxury you no longer enjoy, here are ways of taking control and efficiently start packing.
1. List everything.
Take a walk around and assess which items you will want to have in your new house before you get down to business. To keep your things and yourself organized, make a group list of the following items:
- Pack – These are the things you will bring to your new house.
- Donate – These are items that you will not use in your new house but are still functional. You can give these items away to persons who can still make a good use of them.
- Trash – These are items you no longer need and are worthless. They either are damaged or items that you can sell to junk shops.
Create the three lists above according to what is convenient for you. Write down all the items that fall under each category with a resolve to follow through.
2. Start early.
Since lack of time is your number one enemy, maximize all the remaining days you have left in your old place. Get up early and start your day packing and organizing your stuff. You definitely won’t regret getting an early head start. It will allow you to have excess time to double check things and make sure that everything is packed and ready.
3. Get the necessary packing supplies.
Without any supplies, you won’t be efficient in packing. Don’t waste time by looking for scissors all around the house by placing all your packing supplies in one place: boxes, rolls of packaging tape, colored permanent markers, cutters, etc. Having convenient access to these supplies will make packing much easier for you.
4. Pack by room.
It’s quite overwhelming when you think of packing your entire household items into boxes. Packing room by room will help streamline your last-minute move. Focus on one room at a time to boost your productivity, keep the packing organized, and get the job done quickly.
Be sure to label boxes on the top sides and bottom, and indicate if certain boxes contain breakable materials.
5. Ask for professional help.
More hands can help you speed up the packing process. Enlist atrusted packing and moving company to ensure you meet your move deadline. This way, you can avoid packing mistakes, and get your move done much faster than you could possibly manage to do by yourself.
A professional moving service is always ready to help you move out fast. The speed of transporting, packing heavy items and safety measures in their service will be well-worth every penny you’ll spend. It’s a wonderful service that will save you from stress and save you a lot of time.
So if you’re moving into a new home tomorrow or in a few days, calm yourself down and don’t panic. The five fast packing tips above will certainly help you move with ease into your new house in no time. Focus on your goal and motivate yourself to start packing and moving, fast!
Chris Humphrey is the General Manager of Easytruck Moving & Storage. In 2013, the company combined their expertise in professional moving services & storage to create an entirely new approach to the business – and mobile storage was born! Easytruck now operates over 30,000 sq.ft. of air-conditioned facilities in three convenient locations in Dubai and is the only Mobile Storage operator in the UAE.