Adam Ringler, Negosentro | Architectural designers have similar functions like that of an architect. However, they may not have the same qualifications and skills. They are more concerned with the designing and layout of the landscape of building. It is important to hire suitable architectural designer for one’s property, as each designer is different from others, have different tastes, styles, strengths and weakness, and the ones, which coincide with the interests of the homemakers is the appropriate one.
Some tips and guidelines for hiring the apt architectural designer are below:
- Determining requirements: Before initiating the project, the person has to be sure of what are his exact requirements and how the work has to be done. Discussing about what portion is to be allotted to the architectural designer and what part is to be left out for himself is a crucial task, as it would help in estimating expenses and minimum time period required for completion of the task. It depends upon the hirer’s decision in deciding the designer’s involvement, and suggests him to work according to his desires and specifications.
- Estimations and calculations of the budget: Both the parties have to be transparent when it comes to determining budget and estimation of expenses. Architectural designers often have a minimum budget below which they do not work and often ask for advance payment in order to proceed with the future workings. Some of them work and take fees according to the time duration and some have certain terms and conditions. Thus, it is important to keep a track of the estimates, cross check them, and then set the budget accordingly. If all the details of the project and its related expenses are tracked down beforehand, then it is easier to work with a budget.
- Recommendations: Before assigning any architectural designer, one should have a background check about his qualifications, his experience, and his personality. One can cross check with relatives and friends who have worked with that person or that company and know whether they were consistent with their work and managed all the tasks according to the conditions of the hirer. One can go through the individual’s or company’s website and look at their previous work and projects and then choose from among those designers with the best portfolio. This helps in understanding whether the ideas and scope of both the parties are matching or not. One can visit their previous projects, judge them according to their skills and talent, and take an informed decision.
- Proper verification: It is significant to make sure that the architectural designers have authorization to carry out their profession, have appropriate qualifications, and have license to perform required tasks. Such verifications are important for insurance and other related purposes.
- Question and answer: Does not matter if it is someone’s first experience with an architectural designer or not, one must always ask lots of questions related to their work and experience with different projects and clients. This is because each designer is unique and has own ways of working and different styles, which should be known to the hirer. Questions regarding their designing philosophy, incorporation of substantial designs and their extent, average scope and time taken for a project, priorities and specific requirements and so on can help in understanding different designers and choose the suitable one accordingly.
- Standard contract: It is advisable to have a standard contract for the all the deals and proposals involved in the project in order to avoid any confusion or chaos in the future. The terms and conditions of the documents should be revised and signed thereafter by both the parties, architectural designer and hirer.
So, keep these tips in mind when hiring them.