Special Permits Checklist for Businesses in the Philippines


Negosentro.com |

Danella Yaptinchay, managing director of Full Suite, shares to Negosentro.com readers a Special Permits Checklist for Businesses in the Philippines. Read on…

In the Philippines, certain businesses are required to secure special permits prior to being granted a business permit. The business registration step can be a menial and painstaking task, considering the process involved in getting a specific permit. Help, however, is at hand via online services that provide assistance in securing the necessary permits.

Of course, it pays to personally have knowledge about what specific permits one has to get hold of. Here, we provide you a checklist of the necessary permits required for a particular business type.

Special Permits Checklist for Businesses in the Philippines

Carefully read every item on this list and identify if your business requires the specific permit.

On top of this exhaustive list is making sure that your business is legal and pays its due taxes. So, make sure you register your business at the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) first!

  1. Philippine National Police (PNP) Permit
  2. National Food Authority (NFA) Permit – for rice retailers and bakeries
  3. Bureau of Food and Drug Administration (BFAD) Permit – for bakeries and drug stores
  4. Certification of Exemption – if exempted under any law or decree
  5. Certification of Registration from the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) – for theaters and movie houses
  6. Registration at the Videogram Regulatory Board – for sales and rentals video tapes
  7. Registration at the Energy Regulatory Board (ERB)
  8. Certificate of Occupancy – for factories, private markets, commercial buildings, importer and exporter warehouses, and garment subcontractors
  9. Department of Environmental and Natural Resources (DENR) Clearance – for factories
  10. Police Clearance – for buy and sell businesses
  11. A sworn statement of the assessed value of real property,as indicated in the real property tax declaration and current real property tax payment official receipt – for real estate lessors
  12. Certification from Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) – for local employment
  13. Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) permit – for talent promotion
  14. Certification letter from accredited agency – for training centers
  15. Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) permit – for crewing, manning, and shipping agencies
  16. Department of Tourism (DOT) Permit – for travel agencies
  17. Endorsement from the Central Bank – for pawnshops, banks, and lending investors
  18. National Water Resources (NWRB) Permit – for water dealers, water delivery services, water drilling services
  19. Department of Education Permit – for schools
  20. Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) or Philippine National Police (PNP) Permit – for firecracker and pyrotechnic devices businesses
  21. Land Transportation Office franchise indicating number of units owned – for taxi, bus, and jeepney operators
  22. Registration at the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) – for receiving homes and orphanages
  23. License to operate from the Department of Health (DOH) – for dental prosthetic laboratory

Again, you don’t have to secure each permit on this list! Just make sure you get the right permit that your business needs. The task may take up a portion of your day, so it’s best that you find time for it. Once you get it, everything will run smooth for your business.

Danella Yaptinchay is the managing director of Full Suite, a service company providing back end support to small businesses. She is a cofounder of Co.lab, a coworking space, and of the media company Homegrown.ph. In constant pursuit of balance and self-development, she tries to apply the practices of yoga to her daily life.

(Visited 568 times, 1 visits today)