By Nadj Villaver | Negosentro.com
Who doesn’t love to eat? That’s why, if there’s one business that will be always popular to everyone, it’s no other than a food business. With this reality, it is very timely to look into the state of the restaurant industry. From the organizers of the 1st Philippine Hotel Investment Conference wayback 2010, Courage Asia Management Consultan will be bringing together thought leaders and professional experts who lead the way in innovating and building the restaurant business in the upcoming Philippine Restaurant Investment Conference. Happening on June 29, 2016 at the Edsa Shangri-la Hotel, this one day comprehensive event will reveal the state of the restaurant industry – from the latest trends to the upcoming developments coming from different perspectives such as the government, food and beverage companies, dining out establishments, education and property developments.
“I think it’s very important that we try to capture what is happening today in the industry. What are the latest trends, things like location and menu innovation. We will try to capture it in various perspectives,” Adolf Aran, CEO of Courage Asia, said during the media launch.
From the government’s perspective, The Department of Agriculture and Tourism will discuss the changes and impact from the production to the impact to our country’s tourism. These two sectors play and important role why the restaurant industry is currently booming. Local farmers need to embrace change in what they producing and how they are producing because it’s no longer just a ‘what’ but ‘how’ they are trying to offer the products to the consumers. Chefs nowadays like Robby Goco, Managing Director of CYMA Group, takes the lead in supporting local farmers.
Representatives from the Ayala Malls will discuss the perspective based from the mall owners sector. They will show what are the changes happening in the location landscape. Another important sector also is the labor sector. It will be important to know what’s happening in the manpower of hospitality sector — “Are they at par? Are they able to produce the right competencies?”
Other perspective will come from people who are doing the business like Chef Robby, who will be representing the casual dining that are very much chef-driven, chef-operated and chef-conceived.
“We’re hoping that we get more more questions rather than answers. Because in doing so, mas marami pa tayong magagawa sa industry. We’re hoping that the restaurant industry will be catalyst in terms of change like cultural change, the way we eat, the way we do our dining experience. And, hopefully we get to contribute to nation building through this. The Philippine Restaurant Investment is really for all the stakeholders of the industry,” Aran concluded.
Burning and Relevant Topics
- Dining Out Trend in the Asia Pacific and in the Philippines
- The State of Agriculture in the Philippines
- The State of Malls in the Philippines
- The State of Hospitality Manpower in the Philippines
- The State of the Quick Service Industry in the Philippines
- Casual Dining Industry Situationer
- Key Success Factors in Operating Chef-Conceived and Chef-Driven Restaurants
- The Growing Food Tourism in the Philippines
Topnotch Industry Speakers
- Assistant Secretary Art Boncato, Department of Tourism
- Undersecretary Berna Romulo, Department of Agriculture
- Tina Aquino, President of Asia Pacific Council of Hotel Restaurant and Institutions
- Rowena Sagaysay, President of Council of Hotel and Restaurant Educators
- Rowena Tomelda, Ayala Malls Vice President for Operations
- Gary de Ocampo, Kantanar Philippines Consumer Insights Chief Executive Officer
- Bel Castro, Assistant Dean of Enderun Colleges
- Mark Gamboa, Corporate Marketing Director of Max’s Group
- Raymund Magdaluyo, Managing Director of Seafood Island
- Chef Boutwood of Bistro Group
- Chef Chele Gonzalez of Gallery Vask and Arrozeria
- Chef Robby Goco of Cyma Group and Green Pastures
Who Should Attend?
- Delegates – senior figures and decision makers; investors, hoteliers, owners, lenders, F&B brands, restaurant concepts, franchisors, franchisees, suppliers from all areas of the restaurant industry and from all across the Philippines.
- Speaker – key influencers in the restaurant market. Leaders chosen for their industry knowledge, experience and insight that they are happy to share.
- Sponsors & Partners – companies that are leaders in the restaurant investment industry. They are there to network with delegates, showcase products and provide business solutions.
For more information and registration, please call Ms. Camille Pabilic at (020) 437-2639, (0935) 311-2668 / (0917) 639-8089 or Email at email@example.com.