Are you torn between career achievements versus spending time with your family? Here are some career advantages of spending time with your family:
1. Have the luxury of workout and exercise while having fun. Are your kids constantly bugging you while you are too busy in front of the computer trying to finish your “take home” work? Spend some quality time with your kids. Play rough games with them. If possible, bargain with your kids. Tell them that after playtime, you have to go back to what you are working. In this way, you’ll be refreshed when you go back to work without your kids bugging you.
2. Stress Buster. Being in constant stress in your working environment is a threat to your career. You are in a verge of burnout due to constant stress. Play with your kids or talk to your teens as a part of your stress busting regimen. In this way, you’ll be updated with your kid’s life be more bonded with your family and you’ll be relieved of your career-related stress.
3. Imbibe your child’s imagination to your career. Nothing is more creative as the child’s mind. They are innocent, free from prejudice, non-judgmental, and believes even it may seem impossible to us adults. Know your child deeper to have a glimpse of what runs in their mind. Sometimes, their simple ideas are the solution to your complicated career-related problems.
4. Simplify complicated situations, and discover simple ways to achieve your career – related goals. When bonding with your family, especially with your kids, encourage them to share their ideas with you. It may sound silly to tell your work-related stories to them, but you’ll be surprised that they may have simple ideas to brighten up your career.
5. Get inspiration from your spouse. Your husband or wife also plays a vital role in your family. So you also have to spend some quality time together. You might think that your partner may not have any idea on what you’re going through. But his/ her mere presence and being able to lend an ear to your stories is enough to inspire you and keep you encouraged.
Your family comes first before anything. Your kids will not be kids forever. So spend some quality time with them and make sure that they are will guide as they grow up. Establish a good communication with them. Also, it is important to spend some time with your partner. Stay in love and stay committed, with your family. And when things seem to be scrambled and you have to choose between career and family always keep this in mind: you can always count on your family no matter how you fail in your career. But no matter how high you have reached the top of your career, it cannot mend a broken relationship nor can it straighten out astray kids or teenagers.