Long eyelashes are something many women crave for, and there’s no doubt that having them is seen as a very positive beauty point, but what can you do if nature and genetics have left you with lashes that don’t measure up?
Or if your eyelashes seem to be falling out faster than the average 1-2 a day rate? The obvious answer is that you try an eyelash serum! There’s no need to worry if you have no clue what this is, or how it works as we have all that covered right here.
What causes eyelash loss or thinning?
There can be medical reasons for losing more the average number of eyelashes, but in most cases it’s bad habits which aggravate lashes and make the fall out more often that they should.
These include being over harsh and rubbing hard when removing eye makeup, not removing eye makeup before sleeping, incorrect removal of false eyelashes, or always using waterproof mascara – which dries out the eyelashes much more than the regular type.
What exactly are eyelash growth serums?
Like the hair on our head, eyelashes are constantly growing and replacing themselves. They grow and develop in three distinct stages: growth, transition, and resting.
The growth stage is where your new lashes are at their most active, and this period lasts anywhere from thirty to forty-five days. Around 40% of upper lashes and 15% of lower lashes are in this stage at the same time. Once they complete this stage they stop growing for good, no matter what length they have got to.
For the next few weeks the lashes remain in limbo, and any which fall out will not be replaced. The third phase has them resting, and by 100 days has past the lashes will have fallen out and the first stage begins again.
One cycle of lashes takes around four to eight weeks, and means you are never left without any lashes at all.
What are the benefits of using an eyelash growth serum?
- Eyelash growth serums are formulated to make your natural lashes stronger, so they don’t fall out as quickly. In turn within 12 weeks this creates thicker, fuller lashes.
- Eyelashes enjoy added shine from the conditioning and vitamin-infused element of the serum.
- They are a quick and simple addition to your daily routine. Although the instruction can sometimes differ between brands in most cases the serum is applied once daily, either first thing in the morning or last thing at night.
- Thin eyelashes quickly gain definition.
- Consumers using an eyelash growth serum containing one of the following fatty acid compounds; bimatoprost, isopropyl cloprostenate, or similar report having longer eyelashes when they regularly use this kind of product.
- You may find your eyelashes look so good you no longer need to use mascara to create definition.
- Using a serum which contains biotin (a b vitamin) can trigger the growth of additional eyelash follicles, so your lashes get even thicker.