Negosentro.com | Carpet cleaning secrets that you should know | Do you want to clean your carpet? Despite your efforts in ensuring that you maintain cleanliness, your carpet will become a victim of spills, drops, accidents and much more. There is a need to learn the secrets to ensure that you keep your carpet clean. The following are what you should do:
- Heat wax: When you burn a candle in the house, it might result in dripping of wax onto the carpet where it then dries quickly and gets embedded. In order to remove it, you might need to heat it up. You can do this by placing white clothes over an iron box, then place the iron box onto the wax to warm it.
The next thing you should do is to scrape it off using something like a butter knife. After you are done, lay a towel onto the surface and iron on it. The wax will melt and bind to the paper and after a few applications, the wax will be gone completely.
- For blot stains, you don’t have to rub them: All you need to do with such a stain is to dab it with a solution for cleaning using a clean cloth, sponge, or paper towel. When you blot, it tends to place a small amount of pressure on the stain to ensure that it soaks up.
With the rubbing, the particles get inside the fiber of the carpet leading to the fibers breaking prematurely. You will have to blot from the outside of the stain that is inward because if you blot outward, it is likely to spread the stain.
- The process of club soda: It is possible that you might have heard that club soda is good when it comes to removing wine and beer stains. It is true as long as you use it wisely and correctly. There will be a need for you to blot the area with soda which you place on a cloth.
If that doesn’t work, then you will have to mix one part with white vinegar while the other part with water and then pour it into sprayer – handheld. The solution should then be sprayed on the whole area that is stained and allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes so that it soaks in.
Press a sponge that is clean on the area to soak up the entire solution together with the stain. There might be a need to repeat the entire process to ensure that the stain has come out completely. Once the stain is removed, rinse the area using warm water. Utilize your hand to brush the strands of the carpet into the direction which is natural.
Once all is done, lay a white paper towel on the area and weigh it down using a heavy thing. The towel will be able to absorb the dampness from your carpet. Ensure to leave the towel on the carpet until the carpet dries and this might take a day.
- Grease vs dishwasher detergent: If you have difficult to clean grease stains, then you are better off using grease-cutting dishwasher detergent in a cup of water. It will be able to cut through the grease which is in the carpet just the way it does to the dishes.
All you have to do is to put the solution in a spray bottle, then go ahead and spray it directly on the stain. The next thing you should do is to blot it up. You might be required to repeat this process multiple times for the entire stain to come out.
- Try using a shaving cream: The best carpet cleaner for stains of a general nature might be a shaving cream. It is known to remove just about any stain. All you will have to do is apply the shaving cream on the stain directly and allow it to settle for almost 30 minutes.
Once the shaving cream has settled, blot it away using a dry white piece of cloth. Conclude by spraying the area with a mixture of vinegar and water on the other part and then wipe the solution away using a piece of cloth.
- Freeze-dried gum: If you happen to step on a piece of gum outside and then you accidentally step on your carpet and it gets stuck on it, then worry not as there is a solution to removing it. For it to come out, go to the freezer and get several ice cubes.
The gum has to be frozen with the ice cubes for about 30 seconds. Once the gum is frozen to a solid, utilize a spoon to remove the glob and then cut the strands from your carpet. If you cut just a small portion of the strands, it will not be noticeable.