Negosentro | 7 Steps to Master the Skill of Success |shared from BrianTracy.com |
Your ability to set goals and make plans for their accomplishment is the “master skill” of success. This ability, developed through practice, will do more to assure your eventual success than anything else you ever learn.
The 10/90 rule says that, “The first 10 percent of time you spend planning and organizing will often account for 90 percent of the value of the entire process.”
Here is a powerful but simple seven-step method for setting and achieving goals that I have learned over the years:
1. First, dare to dream and decide exactly what you want. Clarity is the starting point of great success.
2. Second, write it down, in detail, and set a deadline. Set sub-deadlines if necessary.
3. Third, determine the additional knowledge, skills, and abilities you will need to achieve your goal—and how you will acquire them.
4. Fourth, determine the obstacles and difficulties you will have to overcome to reach your goal, and organize them in order of size and importance.
5. Fifth, determine the people, groups, and organizations whose help you will require, and decide what you will have to do for them to earn their assistance.
6. Sixth, make a detailed plan, broken down by activity and organized by priority and sequence. What is most important? What must be done first? What must be done before something else is done?
7. Seventh, seize the day and take action on your plan immediately. Do something every day to move toward your goal. Get going and keep going. Just do it.
In order to seize the day, goal setting processes have been used by millions of people around the world. The 2 elements of goal-setting that increase your likelihood of achieving your goals by 1000% are outlined in the FREE Goals Report HERE.
At each stage of your life, whenever you are confronted with the need to make new choices, to set new goals, set down and think them through using these seven steps. Always think on paper, and be willing to revise your plans when you get new information. Keep working on your plans until they are complete. Then, just do it and execute them boldly.