By Ann Gabriel | Negosentro.com
Going paperless is not new to the ear, thanks to the continual growth and industrialization. More businesses are reducing their paper usage and instead, turning to the dependable, organizational benefits of web-based business solutions. This includes records, data and better systems.
Why go paperless payroll?
Let’s face it. We don’t like keeping too much paper in our desk – and that includes copies of our pay slips. Whether you’re a small business or your business is large, choosing to run a paperless payroll system offers many benefits, some of which may be surprising. Going paperless saves more than just time and money. It offers the following benefits:
- Employee payroll data is in one place
- Employees can process payroll on your own time, from any device
- No need to print, fax, or phone timesheets to a payroll provider
- Easy collaboration with your accountant for tax preparation purposes
- Eliminates the need for filing cabinets and increases the amount of usable space in the office
- No more waiting in line at the bank to deposit their paycheck
- Funds made easily available on the pay date
- Allows you to promote your business as being “eco-friendly”
- Reduce business costs associated with printer, toners, ink cartridges, etc.
- No more worries about lost or stolen paychecks
- Fewer payroll errors
- Securely backs up all of your employee payroll data
- Add employee benefit by providing them easy electronic access
- No more having to come in to work on a day off to pick up a check
Businesses go through such amount of paper on a daily basis – from processing payroll, filing government forms, and paying taxes. Just think how much paper waste can be saved if more companies adopted modern paperless strategies. If you are interested in improving your payroll systems, there are a variety of HR solutions that can cater to your needs.