Lito Hilario, Negosentro | Awnings are known to be an effective and attractive way of shading homes during the harsh months of summer. In fact, they tend to keep the interiors cooler and at the same time protect the outdoor areas from extreme climatic conditions. If you install quality awning in your home, then you can prevent sunrays and you can keep your rooms cool during the hottest summer. So, through this way, you do not need to run your air conditioner all the time and you can save your power consumption bill. Apart from that, these awnings can also save your furniture, window panels and floor form the adverse effects of sunrays.
However, every awing that you find is not the same. There are certain characteristics that distinguish one variant from the other. To know more, let’s discuss about these different types and how exactly quality awnings differ from each other do.
The Different Types of Awnings
- Automatic Awnings: The automatic awnings are common solutions that operate with the help of electricity. These can be adjusted by using a remote control system, and most importantly they are available in varied lengths so as to meet the requirements that you have.
- Retractable Awnings: The retractable awnings are usually installed outdoors and are designed to protect patio or deck. These are mounted onto the house and thus appear as an extended part of your property. When not required, you can remove this awnings from your outdoor place and store the in your garage.
- Straight Drop Awnings: The straight drops are beautiful high quality awnings that are used on pergolas, patios and verandahs. These are equipped with gears and springs to adjust the awnings according to the preferences that you have.
- Verandah Awnings: The verandah awnings are incredible for privacy and these are typically operated with ropes and pulleys. Along with protection & privacy, these awnings look spectacular and take the aesthetics of any house to the next level.
- Heavy Drop Awnings: The heavy drop versions bring out an European touch and feel and can be adjusted anywhere between the 90 degree arc. Like most of the quality awnings that are part of the list, even this one can either be motorized or controlled via gearbox.
What Are the Materials of Quality Awnings?
Awnings are basically made up of:
- Woven mesh
- Galvanized steel
No matter which material you choose, make sure that it complements the beauty of your home. This is because a perfect look can only be achieved when the awnings synchronize harmoniously with the various elements of the house.
Motorized or Manual Awnings:
Well, a basic difference between the two variants are: the manual system uses a handle and crank, thus it must be adjusted manually, while motorized systems just as the name suggests have a motor that extends and retracts the awnings. This can be done with the help of a switch present on the awning or a remote control as well. But before you choose the quality awnings, you must ensure about their installation process and it is better to hire the trained professional to install the same on your windows and outdoor areas.
Therefore, ultimately it is based on the requirements that you have and the quality that you are looking for. For instance, if you are strict with the budget and want premium quality awnings then manual might do the trick, but when the operation of awnings is a major concern then its best to rely on motorized systems.