Kyla Camille Nievera, Negosentro.com | Networking has always been an effective technique for people who want to find great opportunities – whether it’s about business, finding a job, or searching for new employees. However, a lot of people are confused on what this concept really means, and what value it can provide to them.
To sum up, here are the key takeaways from the infographic provided by our peers in Phil. Exeq which argues what networking really is these days, how it can help job hunters and recruiters, and the actionable steps that will help us implement it today.
What is Networking? Networking focuses on building a mutually beneficial relationship and sustaining continued engagement with different people whom you think can help you achieve your goal – whether it’s finding a job or meeting highly skilled individuals.
Steps to be good at networking:
- Work on your mindset. You will never be able to achieve your goal if you would always prioritize your needs and never think about the needs of the people you network with.
- If you truly want to connect with someone with an extensive network, identify their needs and try different ways to help them fulfill it.
- The perfect people to network with cannot be measured by the level of their salary or of their job positions. Make sure that meet as many people as you can within the industry you want to focus in order to find valuable contacts.
- Know what you can offer. Understanding the value that you can provide can help become more confident in finding potential contacts.
- Stick committed to it. Networking requires a consistent effort in order to generate a positive result. Be persistent in finding new contacts, help them, and don’t forget to communicate your goals effectively.
To know more, check the infographic below.