Event management is the process of defining, executing, handling and organizing events. It involves studying the complexities of the brand, identifying the target audience, devising the event concept, planning the logistics and coordinating the technical requirements before actually executing the event.
In most cases, event management is a marketing tool for brands and businesses. However, the role of event management extends to all types of events, thus, providing a systematic approach in managing business.
For events to be successful, event professionals should consider some of the following key points in managing events.
1. Good customer relation management for customers and suppliers
2. Provide an efficient system for quotation, order and invoice processing
3. Above satisfactory venue management
4. Proper coordination and management of event manpower
5. Careful maintenance of work flows and tasks alignment
6. Effective sales and marketing campaigns
7. Use of powerful tools to improve event management performance
* * *
* * *
Julius Solaris, a popular blogger for events, shares the latest trends in managing events…
1. Incredibly Real Time Analytics - Live data will dictate the ‘what happens next’ rather than pre-agreed concepts.
2. Solve The Hotel Nightmare - Hotel options are amongst the top 10 most requested features by event planners.
3. One Page Websites - One page websites are not just a trend, they are thought to convey a better storytelling and to decrease bounce rates while impacting on conversions.
4. Do Something Good - There is a new breed of services that is providing event professionals with a solution to their challenges while stimulating adoption via means of charity.
5. Collective Media - The importance of collecting pictures and videos created by attendees becomes paramount.
6. Plan by App - The convenience of having your event vitals with you at all times in one platform is immense.
7. Collaborative Event Planning - Any technology that shares event planning among a group of people will be a hit on 2014.
8. Live Slidesharing - Pushing slides to their device helps to keep the focus on content and enhance the education experience.
9. Seat Them Socially - The concept of seating guests based on their social connection means seating serendipity based on our networking requirements.
10. Faster Check-in - Event professionals need to use all tech available to speed up the check-in process.
* * *