by Kyla Camille | Negosentro.com |
A new email virus is circulating. It’s a mischievous one.
The email will come to you without a subject heading. It will probably come from a colleague or someone you have dealt with via email in the past.
The virus goes into your settings and sends all incoming e-mails to your trash folder. The good news is, they should still be in your trash folder. Check there for e-mails.
The email looks like this:
(1) First, change your e-mail password immediately.
(2) Then, go to your Settings (the gear icon in the top right if you’re on gmail) and go to ‘Settings; under it.
(3) Find ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses’ and click on it.
(4) You should see a filter applied that says to send all incoming e-mails to trash – delete it.
(5) Check all of your e-mails there and move them back to your Inbox.